Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentines vandals

The date is a week away so it’s time for arts and crafts. Paint and potato stamps are spread out on the table; we’ve got a stack of paper to fill with clever lines.

A young man sits down next to me, asks me what to write. I’m the idea-man, he says, can put his love to words. He points to a girl in the corner, explains that she’s the one.

In his left hand he’s got a stamp cut like lips, in the right a blank card. We slap on a pretty pink and stamp it down. I hand him the pen, tell him, “That colour looks better on you.”

He grins and says I’ve got it right, runs off show the beau. I push my pile to the middle, down my drink and go to take a leak.

When I walk back and by the lover’s booth the blonde’s eyes brighten in my direction. “Thank you for the card,” she says, smirking first at me, and then her man.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.