Friday, November 07, 2008

An open letter to someone who may or may not be Owen Pallett.

Dear Owen,

I know that when I showed up to see your band play last week with your haircut, it seemed like I was copying you. I promise it was an honest coincidence. When I saw you last summer and had the same haircut as you then... that was also a coincidence.

Anyways, I just wanted to say that I think that your music is, you know, pretty good. My roommate went to see you speak and said you sound a bit like a pretentious jerk. Don't worry, people say that about me, too. And I like that you made up a universe in your head. I do things like that too.

The point I'm trying to make here is that when winter hits and people stop going to the park, we can go there together and drink wine from the bottle and shiver. I mean, if your into that kind of thing, that is.

If you're reading this, consider it an invitation. And if you are weired out, and want to hate me from a distance, that's cool too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Writing this was much more productive than learning InDesign. And I'm not being sarcastic.

Anonymous said...

hi russless,

this post was forwarded to my inbox this morning, and to say the least, it warmed me.

you have my heart.

always, owen

xoxo

Alex said...

what a coincidence that we both post about owen in the same week!