Monday, March 24, 2008

Canadian Music Week is long over. Every band and their drummer from Winnipeg has vacated the city, for better or for worse. It was good to have them here. Caught the Details show at Rancho Relaxo, and probably will be doing a q&a with them for AndPop.

Speaking of AndPop, new article up with A Cursive Memory. Britney Spears, Paparazzi, Jerry Springer chants, and oldschool boomboxes. The whole thing is quite Pop Fiction, which by the way is terrible.

In other news, Toronto Fashion Week didn't kill me either.

In fact, while it was no New York, it was fun. Nothing was overtly inspiring, but I caught a lot of decent shows, and got to gossip with my fashion-forward friends. It came up in a hurry though, amidst 1000 essays, exams, articles and a new job. I'm exhausted, and glad it's over with, but it was fun while it lasted.

The new job lets me read, and despite what Oprah says, Their Eyes Were Watching God was not that good.

On that note, I'm off to read before sleeping. Class starts in T minus 9 hours.

R

No comments: