Friday, April 17, 2009

If Jay-Z wears the pants in the relationship, Beyonce wears the jacket

Alright Beyonce, you win this one. Tucked into a sparkling, military commander inspired Balmain jacket, Beyonce has finally made a sartorial statement I approve of.

The drumline, circus conductor, military commander look has been an omnipresence over the past few months. Dsquared created one from Britney's circus tour, Kanye repped the look in his fashion show front seats this season, and even in the conservative great white north I spotted fashion-savvy
Fritz Helder sporting a navy military commander coat at Michael Mercanti's launch party during the last LG fashion week in Toronto.

The look maybe too costumey to be knocked off for the racks at Forver 21, H&M or TopShop, but I'm hoping to find a similar vintage piece.

Anyone want to join my army?

Balmain RTW Spring 2009
A very sparkly Mr. Jackson. Inspiration perhaps?
Just like a circus
Two takes on the look
the style gods are in the details
Even Nina agrees

4 comments:

Kasandra Bracken said...

i've definitely seen something similar at h&m within the last few months. it makes me wish Canadian schools had real marching bands (I'd totally join if Ryerson ever started one).

Jamie Lynn said...

i think you forgot to mention the Jonas Brothers....
old news Russ, old news.
http://www.jonasfashion.com/images/guides/booklaunch.jpg

Russless said...

Not going to lie, those Jonas Brothers have a mighty good stylist on the team.

And I guess the boys beat me to this one. Sorry for chasing your coat-tails, Nick.

sarah nicole said...

even parasuco is making these jackets now. don't ask me how i know this. (ok, ask me how i know this.)