Thursday, September 16, 2010

Old things//new place

I drew the short straw. They warned me I was in the left-behind. The small apartment, the one the last had asked politely to be excused from. She was upgraded. I moved in.

It’s smaller than my college residence, but I’ve never been a big guy. So I settled in, hung shirts on hangers, put food in the fridge, sheets on the bed; laid down to rest.

I’ve now got pictures on the walls, covering the garden of pink pattern flowers that watch me while I sleep. It’s cozy enough now, full of me and all my things.

So MTV, I’m ready to be on your shortest ever webisode of cribs.

Wardrobe of work clothes, home economics elephant
I enter by key-pad
Bonne nuit and a bridge to Rosedale, a Whitney to watch over
The land of sliding walls and slippers
Black and white babes on my fridge side
Astronauts open the door for me
Hand held showers/blogging in my undies
One classic comic to complete a bedroom

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your room is so cute! Lil' room for lil' Russ.