Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I don't have cable. Fortunately, my neighbours are entertaining.

Housewives where I grew up would go on long walks around town so they could see into the windows of of everyone's homes. They liked to keep tabs, to see what was going on.

I don't need to go for long walks. I have what would be a view of the waterfront, if it weren't for the tall building that stands directly in front of my window's view. However obstructing, this building contains a constant source of entertainment: people.

When people leave their windows open, I always assume they want others to look in. I'm not sure who's life is more depressing, the man who lives across from me and does nothing but watch television in his underwear or me; the man who has nothing better to do than watch his neighbours watch television in their underwear.

Update: Today two men were in his place in their underwear. My life is officially more depressing.

Update # 2: There is a small ground of men sitting in a circle in his apartment. Occasionally one will get up and dance by himself. The others will appear impressed. I assume this is a mating ritual.

Above Underwear Man is a Korean couple that does nothing but cook, cuddle, and sometimes combine the two. Their lives are as dull as mine, but I'm half hoping that one day he cheats on her with a prostitute and she throws a glass vase at his head.

It would be more like cable.

2 comments:

Alex said...

leave that poor korean couple alone! cooking and cuddling all the time sounds great

Irina Gro. said...

hahah you finally posted this, amazing, i have cable now ps.