Friday, August 14, 2009

Plaid perfection

You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't get his sister to stop wearing that damn cowboy hat...

Though I left the forests and farmlands of my youth to coop myself up in my shoebox-sized apartment in the centre of Canada's biggest city, the people I've left behind stay in my mind, and on my Facebook feed.  

While doing some casual stalking of people from days past online today, I came across this gem of a photograph, recently posted by my sister's best pal. The two are decked out in matching cowgirl-cute outfits for an annual golf tournament. While I wouldn't normally offer any sartorial support to a look that has become synonymous with the elder Simpson sister, for my own elder sister I'll let just about anything slip.

Plus, she looks adorable (and Dayna does, too). 

That's it, that's all; no news here. Just a quick note of adoration for the big sis I only see on Skype and miss more and more every month. 

*And no, my sister hasn't hopped on the pantless trend. If you peer closely at the top left corner of her leg, you'll see the shredding denim threads of her daisy-dukes. 

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Aww she does look adorable. That's it - I'm buying you a cowboy hat. One of those cheap pink plastic ones.