Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Your boyfriend's back.

I have been back for exactly eight days and have yet to write a proper Toronto-centric blog. The reason?

I haven't spent a lot of time in "Toronto" this week. Instead, I've been locked up inside the RCC, another of the Rogers family name-sakes sitting on the Ryerson campus.After four months of field trips, interviews and bad moods, I'm done the first draft of my third year's major project.

After five days of stress and one euphoric press of the "send" button, I'm back to the social side of the city. On Friday I dropped by a seedy establishment to see friends spin records at the release party for the man behind the Mark.

There, sinking into a second-hand seat and sulking into the bottom of a pint of Stella, I'm delivered this week's number one pick up line: "You're far too good looking to be spending the whole night sitting on a couch."

Oh, the perks of being a wallflower.

Unfortunately, the week's number one pick up line is never followed by the week's number one response. In fact, all pick up lines are met with a blank stare, a glance into a drink and a complete failure to move out of a comfortable seat.

Next week in the life of a wallflower: The dancefloor. Maybe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Russ! I really like how you write.
It's like your life is a very well put together story book.