Thursday, June 18, 2009

Our love knows no provincial borders

Meet Monique. Better known, to me, as big sis.

She's an over-worked over-achieving physiotherapist who is making double my dollars and paying half my rent back in Winnipeg. She's also been recently spotted climbing into a McDonald's drive-thru window, long after last call, to announce that yes, she wants fries with that. Careers and beers, some families demand it all.

Next weekend she'll be flying into town, but until then we're relying on mac-cams and internet waves to see each others faces. When I should be sleeping but am spazzing out and missing home, she's up too, ready to Skype, and tell me all about her latest shenanigans.

Thus, for another eight days I'll have to rely on my favourite internet-age mantra: the family that skypes together stays together.

No comments: