Saturday, June 06, 2009

Winnipeg's next top microceleb

On the magazine rack a freshly famed (and formerly familiar) face stares back at me from the cover of Fashion. Ms. Meaghan Waller is perched on the top of this month's cover, her fingers dangling just inches away from the super silver locks of television personality Jay Manuel.

Waller is one of eleven girls on the cover, each clad in virgin white, the latest contestants on the third round of Canada's Next Top Model. Waller was selected at a casting call in Toronto for the show, but before she was thrown in front of Jeanie and the other judges, there was a red eye flight and a puffy pink prom dress.

You see, Meaghan and I were both Raiders. When I graduated from Oak Park, she was a year younger than me. I haven't seen Meaghan since I ran into her and her on-again-off-again boyfriend, Nick Wiebe of Winnipeg band Fame, last summer. But now I can see her every Tuesday at 8 pm, and so can you.

The first few photoshoots posted online look promising (you see them here). I haven't caught an episode of this season yet, but I hear they give her a hard time for her braces. Don't worry Meaghan, Gwen rocked them in '99, too. Be proud of your silver-clad glamorous gums.

If Tyra's crowning short, chubby girls, why not pretty-faced canucks with formerly crooked teeth? Isn't maximizing beauty through any means necessary what these shows are all about? Embrace braces, CNTM!

Good luck, Meaghan.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wetter weather[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wetter vorschau[b][/url]