Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wednesdays are the new Friday

On a sleepy Monday afternoon with too much work to do and not nearly enough hours banked in bed during the passing weekend, there is nothing more satisfying than flipping through photos from the recent past.

I'm instantly nostalgic for Wednesday, when I was ambitious enough to adventure out the house for her birthday celebrations at (W)Amber. On the Hamptons-white wood patio tucked in a Yorkville back alley, we drank over-priced drinks and hoped Thursday wouldn't come.

It came. And so did Friday, then Saturday, then Sunday. And though I promised myself I'd start crossing out the to do's on my list, I spent most of the weekend watching re-runs, wearing sweatpants and hiding out.

By the weekend-end I was finally feeling more adventurous, which left me with a Monday morning headache, a sign that I again need rest. So until the weekend, or at earliest Wednesday, my cell phone is lost, my head is muddled and I am permanently ready for bed.

Have the Best Week Ever.








1 comment:

biz said...

love it russ
happy monday
<3