Saturday, October 24, 2009

Chocolate, popcorn and other LG product-placements

By day four I’d begun to drag my heels. Convinced the cabbies were conspiring with mother nature to ruin my day (and by day I mean, you know, hair) I walked up and down the same strip of street near my house, waving at passing cabs. Just as the mist turned to rain one stopped to pick me up and I made my way to the tents three minutes before the show was scheduled to start.

First it was Aime Luxury with headdresses by the lovely Lara Vincent, whose mum sat front row, pretty in a pink piece made her daughter. Then coffee with Carli, whose blazer was perfectly on-trend with its bulging Balmain-ish shoulders, but still kept shaking her head and insisting that after her first trip to the tents, she just doesn’t get fashion. (It’s OK Carli, though you don’t get fashion, it seems to get you.)

Then was the reveal of the new product-placed LG Chocolate, which found its way onto the runway in the form of the huge bedazzled accessories flashing Evan Biddell’s emblem during his show. After Evan was Rudsak’s snooze-inducing catalogue collection and Nada’s romantic old-gothic showcase of nipples and lace.

Like always, the best was last, and that was the aftermath: a bed and a boy and conversation to kill for, after too many days spent away.

After my interview with Evan is SNP, pretty in purple
Ringing wrists
Mr. Biddell's finale

No comments: