Friday, April 29, 2011

Super heroes saved the party

Two years ago I was burned at a costume party. Mid Canadian winter I stood in a lesbian dive bar in short-shorts, a long jacket, and a wild printed shirt. There was but one other costume, the girl wearing my motorcycle jacket on my arm. She just looked like a dyke.

So I did not stuff tights and an extra set of underwear in my bag when I set off for my afternoon. I figured, the ink on the Facebook invite differs from the show up norm. I was wrong.

In the park I met four super heroes. Heavy Metal Man, Super Richard Simmons, The Thrasher, and Donatello. Beer Girl, Canada Man, and Super Snookie were on their way. The Koreans ate it up. They posed for pictures with them (with us) rarely asking what I was.

All the fun, I missed out, the wet blanket in the crew. And so next time the theme is decided, on the costume goes.














No comments: