Thursday, May 12, 2011

Family Board Game Night

They filled the room immediately with sights and smells from home. The two top favorites: Fort Gary dark beer and Doritos Sweet Chili Heat. Fudge from the forks, Reese Pieces chocolate candy, and maple treats for all my friends.

I found them at the coffee shop, waiting in the sun. My father is always early, my mother always late. They found an early rise and made it an hour early to my stop. Hailed a cab out the terminal and made the way to my neighborhood.

Checked into the hotel and headed out to lunch. A tour of my school before the working hours, then I left them alone while I worked. After evening beers and BBQ with my co-workers the morning brought the quickest shopping spree.

Hugs hugged and gifts swapped, we boarded the train south to Busan.










No comments: