Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Breakfast in Oban, Scotland.

There is nothing like a break. Whether its 5 minutes outside for a cigarette or two years bumming around Thailand, everyone needs a break. That's why they have Kit-Kats. It's also why I am heading home tomorrow. 

I miss watching the swans peck at garbage while I eat fish and chips from newspaper wraps in sleepy towns in Scotland, but I also miss eating left overs and drinking beer with my parents late at night. My parents live in the sleepiest town of them all.

Though they spent the weekend salsa dancing in Vegas, my bets are saying that they are outside on their big deck watching as nothing happens on their sprawling lawn. My mom is sun-tanning, and my dad is reading non-fiction. He is preparing my camping supplies, and my mom is packing economic size bottles of sunscreen, worrying I will get skin-cancer.

And I am stuck sitting at my desk, daydreaming about the outdoors.

No comments: