Friday, July 04, 2008

I learned everything I know from Hunter S. Thompson.

Well, that's a lie. But I have picked up a thing or two about writing and substance abuse since finding Fear & Loathing in the bookshelf of the house I was staying in while finishing high school.

One thing I learned from Mr. Thompson is that it is always time for a vacation. The weather is changing by the minute in Toronto. Downpour. Sunshine. Wind. Downpour. Violent sun. Overcast. Repeat. Day after day. I've grown tired of it. 

To avoid further confusion and aggravation, I am spending a couple of weeks out of town. I will spend one weekend camping in the wilderness amongst naked hippies on acid, and another poking around someone else's city, people watching in train stations and spying on strangers from my hotel room.

Hunter would be proud.


No comments: