Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Smells Like Teen Spirit.

As an intern, I keep my eyes peeled for intern-gossip in the news. In previous years interning was thought of as a professional coffee running business. Then LC made it the it-career to have on The Hills, and suddenly the job had a little more glamour. In Toronto Shanae Grimes was even pitching in at Fashion Television before she landed her 90210 gig. Better believe she's not working for free anymore (and I guess we won't be seeing her at L'Oreal Fashion Week anymore either..)

This summer my friends and peers have been dispersed to Teen Vogue, Chatelaine, Interview and St. Joesph's Media, the company that publishes Fashion and Toronto Life. We will all tell you that despite the perks (there are some, we swear) life as an intern is nothing like The Hills. Adam was the star of a weekly blog on FT's website documenting what he wore to the office, but that's nothing compared to the cool points the newest celebrity intern at Rolling Stone grew up with. 

It's hard not to be cool when you're dad spearheaded grunge, and your mom has a reputation as America's biggest trainwreck. Frances Bean has taken time out of her busy schedule posing for Harper's to help out at the Rolling Stone office. But according to Page Six's "insiders" Frances "doesn't get coffee for anyone" and "calls in sick all the time and wears funny outfits." If she had my job, she'd probably get fired. But as much as I love my gig, I have to admit, Beaner is probably a little too cool to fill my shoes. 

As far as the funny outfits go, I'm betting that part is true. Based on previous experience of course:

(Just an educated guess)

Frances should have asked if the stylist from Harper's could have given her an outfit or two to take home.

That said, as long as she doesn't start dressing (or acting) like her mom, I'll leave the poor girl alone. Happy interning Beaner, it's nice to have you on the team.

1 comment:

Derek Kreindler said...

Nothing opens doors like nepotism